At Mereva and Alea Tulum, by Blue Sky, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority.
As a result of the current situation around the COVID-19 outbreak and in compliance with government guidelines, Mereva Tulum and Alea Tulum, by Blue Sky have temporarily suspended their normal operations till the 31st of May, 2020.
We are currently accepting reservations for arrivals for the months of June to October under conditions without penalty for cancellation or change of dates. And from November 1st onwards under conditions according to the contracted plan. We hope to welcome you very soon.
– Existing Reservations. We understand the need for increased flexibility at this moment and for this reason, all reservations – even those described as non-refundable – that are scheduled for arrival before June 1st, 2020 can be changed without incurring fees, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
In case of holding a fully prepaid reservations and not been able to plan for future travel dates, we will extend a voucher for the number of nights and room category initially booked in lieu of your stay to use toward future travel, on any date of convenience during the next 18 months from your original reservation.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
For full details and to make arrangements, guests can contact us directly by phone, whatsapp or email. Guests must contact us at least 24 hours before their stay to elect this.
For guests who have booked directly with our hotels, please contact us:
Hotel Mereva Tulum
Tel: +52 984 231 1233
Wsp: +52 984 202 2185
Hotel Alea Tulum
Tel: +52 984231 6881
Wsp:+52 984 879 5206
Health before all,
Our number one priority is your health, security and wellbeing, we are monitoring the developments of this situation and follow closely all recommended best practices by global organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant authorities for Mexican requirements, to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.
At our hotels, Mereva Tulum and Alea Tulum, by Blue Sky, we have committed towards the security and safety of our team members and clients in a COVID-19 world and beyond.
This commitment includes the reinforcement of our comprehensive health and security procedures as the communication to our teams of the best practices and guidelines and have supplemented these resources with additional COVID-19 cleanliness specific guidance, training and information consistent with our own high standards.
– Hand hygiene: Although already of common practice in the industry, proper and frequent handwashing has been reinforced within our teams, this been vital to prevent the spread of viruses. In our daily briefings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It is important for their health and our guests’.
– Cleaning products and protocols: We have consulted our well recognized cleaning products partner for their advice on the most suitable disinfection products for each application as for their recommendations on additional steps to apply against any type of virus.
– Public areas: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, with a focus on the front desk counter, the lounge, bar counter, public restrooms, surroundings of swimming pools and even room keys. In the same manner, presence of sanitizing gel was incremented in several points of these areas.
– Guest rooms: In addition to usual ones, we have increased protocols of cleaning and disinfection that are applied daily, after a guest departs and before the next one arrives, with a particular attention paid to high contact surfaces and items.
– Back of the house areas: In the spaces where the team works, we increased the frequency of cleaning, focusing on high contact surfaces as the employee cafeteria, lockers, offices and areas of food and beverage production.
For guests who want to obtain more information about the status at national or world level of this situation, they can consult the official websites of the Government of Quintana Roo
The World Health Organization
The United States Disease Control and Prevention Centre